After watching Julius Agwu’s interview with TVC on youtube.com, I must confess that I am not impressed at all. I know he had a near death experience with brain tumor early this year but he should remember that there are a lot of unfortunate souls around the world who do not have access to quality health services all over the world today, let alone in Nigeria. He should be thankful to God that he had a successful surgery and should pray that the tumor does not grow back.
Julius Agwu lost consciousness and was rushed to a hospital in Texas, USA in June or July, 2015. He had a successful surgery and we thank God he is alive. But my take on this issue is that he was a bit arrogant and too serious about his new found faith. When a phone rang, he was arrogant and ordered someone in that room to answer the phone. When he was told who called, he responded harshly. Then he started mentioning names of his colleagues who were disloyal to him. This disloyalty brings to mind Chris Brown’s song, ‘gals ain’t loyal” and it clearly shows how angry he is with them. Teju Babyface gives Ali Baba the credit for giving him the opportunity to establish his career but Julius Agwu maintains that he was the one who gave him the opportunity. He also insists that he gave Basket Mouth his opportunity too. Maybe he might be right, but must you overstate it? Afterall the person you claim to ardore so much, Jesus Chris healed ten leapers but only one came back to thank him. Do you know how it feels to be rejected by your own people and then killed by them? Yet Jesus did not hold any grudges (as they claim) and he forgave his transgressors. Julius people will hold you down and pray for your downfall but God has given you the grace to use his name and glorify him yet you hold grudges. Na wah! Wetin you won preach sef?!
Below are 10 punchlines from the explosive interview.
- The devil locks everywhere, even my books and DVDs don’t sell anymore.
- Nobody dey gree market am for ‘Alaba’ market.
- I release album, e no dey sell.
- ‘Ayeni The Great’ refused to pick my calls, I begged him to be my publicist but he refused
- I gave Basketmouth his first opportunity to perform on stage in Lagos
- Na me first bring Timaya and Duncan Mighty come Lagos
- I met Banky W in New York and advised him to come home
- I met Don Jazzy and Dbanj at JJC’s studio in London and advised them to also relocate but today none of them gives me credit, na Devil tie their mouth.
- I gave Teju Babyface his first opportunity as well, back when he was still in Unilag
- God is doing a new thing in my life Devil wants to steal our Industry, but we will not allow it, that’s why I’m starting a new campaign called CEO (Christian Entertainers Outreach)….
Watch the full interview here; https://youtu.be/fn1GYk4ihZo and tell me what you think.